Update - current issues

Moderator: Peter Liddell

Peter Liddell
Executive Staff

Update - current issues

Postby Peter Liddell » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:44 pm

Alright, here is where we currently stand on some of the site issues:

Systemone email: borked, can't afford to rebuild system, workaround will stick for now, looking at fixes but I can't afford to hire a dev to do proper fix and the existing code is tied to a now disabled version of php sendmail...

- DONE - Relaunch addition to pirep: coming next month-ish-ventually, more flights to be added, but no sublease flights will be included (no Caribbean Airlines services)

Whisperliner charters: too many issues for now, on hold

720 fleet: progressing, see HJG forums

Caribair Convair 640 - no permission for existing model, no other model, not willing to accept substitute, CV340 coming eventually...

Other projects:

X-plane support is coming, no ETA

New site - I may have to bite the bullet on it, and start from scratch with a new SystemOne... nothing commited yet and not soon. (More details: We don't use Flash or XML or anything fancy right now and that's a saving grace with all the exploits out there currently. Besides these forums there is "no highly vulnerable code" on VEA.com and I hope to keep it that way)

Another era: no... Only thing left is pre-war (Eastern or Colonial) really and that's not that interesting (DC-3s and Lockheed Electras (L-10)... or going even further back to tri-motors and biplanes...) with hop along milk runs... if theres serious interest I'll consider it but for now it's a non-issue?

Edit: Aug 15 - more details

EAL1017-Aharon Dayan
Silver Fleet member

Re: Update - current issues

Postby EAL1017-Aharon Dayan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:41 pm

Peter Liddell wrote:Caribair Convair 600 - no permission for existing model, no other model, not willing to accept substitute, CV340 coming eventually.

What about two CV440s that were in service with Caribair for one and half year?

Also, are you saying we cannot fly CV-640s??

I already have CV-340s and CV-440s painted in Caribair liveries and somebody converted for me from CV-580 to CV-640 and painted it on Caribair livery.

Regards,

Aharon
ImageImage

Peter Liddell
Executive Staff

Postby Peter Liddell » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Aharon, there never was a CV440 in Caribair colors, 2 were leased but neither was fully painted.

I don't really care if you choose to use something else, but no CV600 will be provided for now.

EAL1017-Aharon Dayan
Silver Fleet member

Postby EAL1017-Aharon Dayan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:21 am

Okay no problem!!!

Looking forward to your completion of new present era ReLaunch Division!!!

What you need right now is director of marketing or recruitment to recruit more pilots because your virtual airline is most complete and most perfect!!!

Wishing your VA much success in second half of the year 2015!!!

Regards,

Aharon
ImageImage

Return to “Boston”