SystemOne Notifications not sending

Moderator: Peter Liddell

Peter Liddell
Executive Staff

SystemOne Notifications not sending

Postby Peter Liddell » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Just as an FYI all...

The sendmail script in SystemOne seems to of broken, which means I haven't been getting notified of new applications, change requests or pireps being posted. They are still being posted to SystemOne but I have to manually go in to see if any are coming in.

New applications are also not getting the automatic email with login info etc, I'm having to manually send it.

So for now...

If you file a change request (new rank, new award, clearance) via systemOne please PM me here... they have a bad habit of being missed due to the way the admin side works. Let me know via PM and I will verify that it gets processed.

For pireps I will simply be checking everyday from now on until this is fixed... ditto new apps but I've missed a few in the past 2 weeks because of this...

Regards

Michael Acevedo
Executive Staff

Re: SystemOne Notifications not sending

Postby Michael Acevedo » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Peter Liddell wrote:Just as an FYI all...

The sendmail script in SystemOne seems to of broken, which means I haven't been getting notified of new applications, change requests or pireps being posted. They are still being posted to SystemOne but I have to manually go in to see if any are coming in.

New applications are also not getting the automatic email with login info etc, I'm having to manually send it.

So for now...

If you file a change request (new rank, new award, clearance) via systemOne please PM me here... they have a bad habit of being missed due to the way the admin side works. Let me know via PM and I will verify that it gets processed.

For pireps I will simply be checking everyday from now on until this is fixed... ditto new apps but I've missed a few in the past 2 weeks because of this...

Regards

Adding to Peter statements,

You can also sound off on our Facebook page via private message as an alternative, although forum private messages are the best way to reach us. Additional contact methods include email by clicking the email button beneath our profile cards in the forums.

Thanks for bearing with us during this hiccup... :)
Find us on Facebook

System:
ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer, AMD FX-8350 8-Core CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD, GeForce GTX 760 4GB VRAM

EAL1017-Aharon Dayan
Silver Fleet member

Postby EAL1017-Aharon Dayan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:48 am

Shalom Peter and Mike,

I am wondering if either of you have chance to activate the ReLaunch 2015 division's timetable for SystemOne?

Thanks,

Aharon
ImageImage

Peter Liddell
Executive Staff

Postby Peter Liddell » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:01 pm

Good news/bad news...

good news is the problem has been identified... the version of sendmail used in systemONE is no longer supported by our webhost, or most others, due to known security issues and spam relay.

So the bad news is the problem isn't an easy fix... or free... and I can't afford to pay to re-write the whole sendmail portion of systemONE right now to meet newer php and security, but I'm looking at alternatives... so for now the manual sending of emails will proceed.

Return to “Boston”