Drop Caribbean Short Field clearance?

General Forum

Moderator: Peter Liddell

should we drop the Caribbean Short Field Clearance?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Yes
3
43%
Keep only Key West
2
29%
Keep only Key West, St Croix and Antigua
0
No votes
No
2
29%
 
Total votes: 7

User avatar
Peter Liddell
Executive Staff
Posts: 827
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:28 pm
Rank: President
Contact:

Drop Caribbean Short Field clearance?

Postby Peter Liddell » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Just taking a poll...
Is there any opinion on dropping the CSF clearance, or reducing it to only the following 727 destinations:
Key West
St Croix
Antigua

those are the only 3 with limited lengths of any kind, and really on Key West is an issue.
Image

User avatar
Michael Acevedo
Executive Staff
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:23 am
Rank: Chief Pilot
Location: Florida, U.S.
Contact:

Re: Drop Caribbean Short Field clearance?

Postby Michael Acevedo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:31 pm

I am in favor of eliminating the short field clearance for all destination except for TNCM, TIST, and TAPA.

Just my 2 cents...
Image
Find us on Facebook

System:
ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer, AMD FX-8350 8-Core CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD, GeForce GTX 760 4GB VRAM

EAL1017-Aharon Dayan
Silver Fleet member
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: Drop Caribbean Short Field clearance?

Postby EAL1017-Aharon Dayan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 pm

I am in favor of KEEPING all Caribbean destinations!!!!!

Caribbean flying can be pure fun and VATCAR which is Caribbean division of Vatsim is having events eight times a month at the rate of 2 events per week.

So I am voting against idea of dropping Caribbean destinations and Caribbean Short Field Clearance.

We keep Caribbean destinations!!!!

Aharon
ImageImage

User avatar
Michael Acevedo
Executive Staff
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:23 am
Rank: Chief Pilot
Location: Florida, U.S.
Contact:

Re: Drop Caribbean Short Field clearance?

Postby Michael Acevedo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:48 pm

EAL1017-Aharon Dayan wrote:I am in favor of KEEPING all Caribbean destinations!!!!!

Caribbean flying can be pure fun and VATCAR which is Caribbean division of Vatsim is having events eight times a month at the rate of 2 events per week.

So I am voting against idea of dropping Caribbean destinations and Caribbean Short Field Clearance.

We keep Caribbean destinations!!!!

Aharon


Aharon,

Peter is not dropping any destinations... it's just the CSF certification.
Image
Find us on Facebook

System:
ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer, AMD FX-8350 8-Core CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD, GeForce GTX 760 4GB VRAM

User avatar
Peter Liddell
Executive Staff
Posts: 827
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:28 pm
Rank: President
Contact:

Re: Drop Caribbean Short Field clearance?

Postby Peter Liddell » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:14 pm

That's correct, no destinations are going away... though some equipment may change in the upcoming timetable update... Actually i think we are gaining about 15% more Caribbean flying.

I'm just seeing if the CSF clearance is really accomplishing anything or if people would rather just be able to fly them as normal 727 flights.
Image

EAL1017-Aharon Dayan
Silver Fleet member
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: Drop Caribbean Short Field clearance?

Postby EAL1017-Aharon Dayan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:36 am

Peter Liddell wrote:Actually i think we are gaining about 15% more Caribbean flying.


Whoa that is good

And thanks for letting me know that all Caribbean destinations are not affected.

ONE QUESTION: I believe Eastern in real life operated L1011s to MYNN Nassau on some occassions. Am I mistaken or not? I remember seeing one there when I was kid.

Peter Liddell wrote:I'm just seeing if the CSF clearance is really accomplishing anything


Well if you are strict about pilot ranks for all pilots, then CSF certificate clearance is important especially pilots need special training for dangerous airports in Caribbean:):):)

Aharon
ImageImage

EAL1017-Aharon Dayan
Silver Fleet member
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: Drop Caribbean Short Field clearance?

Postby EAL1017-Aharon Dayan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:37 am

Plus I like Caribbean Short Field Clearance badge on my profile :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aharon
ImageImage

User avatar
Peter Liddell
Executive Staff
Posts: 827
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:28 pm
Rank: President
Contact:

Re: Drop Caribbean Short Field clearance?

Postby Peter Liddell » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:12 am

EAL1017-Aharon Dayan wrote:
Peter Liddell wrote:Actually i think we are gaining about 15% more Caribbean flying.


Whoa that is good

And thanks for letting me know that all Caribbean destinations are not affected.

ONE QUESTION: I believe Eastern in real life operated L1011s to MYNN Nassau on some occassions. Am I mistaken or not? I remember seeing one there when I was kid.

Peter Liddell wrote:I'm just seeing if the CSF clearance is really accomplishing anything


Well if you are strict about pilot ranks for all pilots, then CSF certificate clearance is important especially pilots need special training for dangerous airports in Caribbean:):):)

Aharon


EA did operate L1011s into Nassau from MIA. The flight that lost all engine power due to oil starvation, EA855 on 05/05/83 was on an L1011 MIA-NAS flight (N334EA).
The timetables I'm using for the re-write though have MIA-NAS as 72S, 757 and AB3, no L10.

And if i want to strict about ranks, then CSF becomes moot as EACH field with special requirements had separate certifications. But those were ONLY: St Croix before the runway was extended, Antigua VC Bird before the runway was extended there as well and Key West (727 service into Key West had very VERY specific limitations and training requirements).
Image

EAL1017-Aharon Dayan
Silver Fleet member
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: Drop Caribbean Short Field clearance?

Postby EAL1017-Aharon Dayan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:05 pm

Somebody changed the votes!!!

The no had 3 votes before!!!!!

Voting must be final. Person cannot change mind. Pls change from 2 to 3 for "no" section.

A person cannot pull his or her ballot back and change for any country's election so that applies to this voting too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aharon
ImageImage

User avatar
Peter Liddell
Executive Staff
Posts: 827
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:28 pm
Rank: President
Contact:

Re: Drop Caribbean Short Field clearance?

Postby Peter Liddell » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Excuse me? I can set up a poll anyway i so desire. This poll is for 90 days with changes allowed.
Image


Return to “Main”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest