Eastern Partner - Additional Airlines?

Discussions about Eastern Express, Eastern Metro Express and Eastern Partner.

Moderator: Peter Liddell

Peter Liddell
Executive Staff

Eastern Partner - Additional Airlines?

Postby Peter Liddell » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:06 am

Ok so, I've been researching more into the EA Partner program that LIAT participated in, and there were no less than 5 other operators being approached... None ever actually operated for EA that im aware of, but they are interesting options!

1st up is the least interesting option, Air Turks and Caicos, limited operations with Islanders and Twin Otters, simple enough though.

2nd up is one interesting to me since i was stunned to see it mentioned. NorOntAir, Canada, flew DHC-6s and Dash 8s (it was the 1st operator of the Dash 8 in the world), very colorful livery, but why they were interested in NorOntAir im not sure about, they barely linked up with EA at YUL and YOW, didn't serve Toronto at all... but hey, interesting none the less.

3rd one was Royale Airlines in the central gulf coast of the USA. Beech 99, EMB-110 and Gulfstream 1 operator, also flew DC-9-15s and f-27s but those were gone by the time the EA partner thing was coming along. Was a CO Express operation might be why EA was talking to them.

4th one might be the most interesting, Air Venezuela, flew CV580s, DHC-6s, LET 410s and was the only airline in the Americas to fly the Casa/IPTN Airtech CN-235!

5th up was British Caribbean Airlines, flew a single BAE 146-100 Tortula-Providenciales-Miami 3 days a week, and Tortula-Miami non-stop on Saturdays. Also had authorities to fly Tortula-San Juan and Tortula-St Thomas but never flew those. Was trying to lease a 30-50 seat turboprop when the 146 was repossessed and the airline put into receivership.

I'm just floating this right now... still got enough other projects to work on but they might be fun to add no?

Aisen Lopez
Gate Supervisor

Re: Eastern Partner - Additional Airlines?

Postby Aisen Lopez » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:27 pm

I like British Caribbean and Air Venezuela. British Caribbean the most. Although Air Venezuela offers the most choices when it comes to Aircraft.

Return to “Eastern Express”